You can’t chase happiness, you have to find it where you are.
FIND IT. Where you are.
Sometimes this is easy, and that’s great. Sometimes this is really, really hard.
Sometimes there are huge, horrible things in the way. Or regular, that’s life, ordinary troubles by the heap-load.
Some things you can change and do something about, some things you are stuck with.
Happiness isn’t going to land in your lap. Happiness, like any relationship, takes work.
But you can start small. You have to cultivate positivity, water that seed and make it grow.
- First thing, while you’re brushing your teeth, think of 5 things you are grateful for. Like toothpaste. Or running water. Running water is one of the most wondrous things in our lives.
- Change your haves to gets. I get to shower with lovely warm water. I get to drive my kids all over the planet. I get to pay my rent. I get to go grocery shopping.
- Embrace your mistakes. Accept your challenges. You can turn anything into an opportunity to learn and grow. Or at least, an excuse to eat some chocolate.
- Do like Mr Rogers does and find the helpers. Not just in an emergency, but in your daily life. Lots of people are out there doing little things that you won’t even notice if you aren’t looking.
- If you just can’t find a way to feel better about the abyss that is your life, maybe you need to make someone else feel better first. Get a smile out of someone and add a little to your karma.
10 Simple Habits to Grow a Positive Attitude from Fulfillment Daily
The 31 Benefits of Gratitude from Happier Human
Bliss Gratitude Journal App (for Chrome or smartphone, I love that I can use whatever I am on and go back and forth) from Bliss31
Printable Gratitude Journal from Zen and Spice
Photo credits: Cherub from The Graphics Fairy
We hope you enjoyed our You can’t chase happiness gratitude and positivity post