Here is a green alternative toothpaste recipe you can make at home. Please enjoy our 3 ingredient homemade toddler toothpaste recipe.
My toddler hates minty toothpaste, so we skip the usual peppermint extract, but this is great for adults too. Those little tubes of toddler-safe toothpaste are costly! Also it is safe to swallow, although I wouldn’t recommend eating it. Super quick and super cheap.
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1/3-2/3 cup water
- 5-10 drops orange extract
- Optional: You can add a couple teaspoons of fine sea salt for extra scrubbing power
- Optional: You can use coconut oil to make your paste instead of water
- Mix into a paste. Add water to desired consistency, and extract to desired flavoring. If you added a little too much water, just add a tad more baking soda.
- Store in a zip bag with a corner snipped off, or a small container.
- To use, wet toothbrush and squeeze some paste onto brush or dip into paste in container.
- If you are worried about germs split into baby food jars and label with names.
Head on over to Love Your Teeth for a free printable tooth brushing chart
Toodler toothpaste 1.5 oz $2.99 $1.99/oz Ingredient Ing amt in oz Ing $ per oz Ing $ for recipe 2/3 c baking soda 5.28 oz 16 oz. $0.79 = $0.049/oz $0.26 ¼ c water 2.64 oz $0.00 $0.00 10 drops orange extract 0.33 oz 1 oz. $3.99 = $3.99/oz $1.32 Homemade Total $1.58/oz
*Also see our Cleaning Secret Weapons – Frugal Tips
A Crunchy Baby Registry: 34 Things You NEED (or should make) Before Baby Comes
Photo credit: Photo by me, The More With Less Mom
We hope you enjoyed our DIY Natural Orange Homemade Toddler Toothpaste recipe.
© Written by Melissa French, The More With Less Mom